Orange lip color has been around for quite some time but after New York Fashion Week 2014, it is all the rage. It has emerged to be one of the hottest trends this year, and I couldn’t be happier. I honestly feel that orange lips are way more flattering on the Indian skin tone and features than red lips (I love them too, don’t get me wrong). Orange lips look playful, bold and are extremely appropriate for spring and summer.
The awards season has been inundated with celebrity after celebrity being spotted sporting gorgeous orange lips. Whether it was Cate Blanchett, Lupita Nyong’o or Kiera Knightley, everyone is loving and embracing the orange lip trend.
To rock this fantastic trend:
- Prepare your lips: Nothing looks worse than bright lipstick on chapped lips. Prepare your lips with prior exfoliation and hydration. Read this post and this post to find out how.
- Choose your color: There are tons and tons of different shades of orange out there. Pick and choose a shade that works for you. Generally, yellow-toned/very bright oranges look great on lighter and paler skin tones and red-orange shades and corals look fabulous on medium and olive skin tones. But, go ahead and experiment and find out your favorite shade.
- Go matte if you want a full bodied color and if you want it to last longer. Go sheer with a tinted lip balm for a more subtle wash of color. (How to rock matte lips)
- Keep the rest of your makeup simple. When I wear orange lipstick, most of the times I wear only mascara and a hint of blush. I feel any bright color lip tends to wash me out so I need a little bit of blush to balance things.
The only con of orange lips is that yellow-orange tones can make your teeth appear yellow so choose carefully.
Whichever way you choose to wear it, remember to flaunt it with confidence.
If you choose to wear this trend, do not forget to tag me on twitter or email me to show me your pictures!
Until next time, stay sexy.
I love coffee. I love it so much that it is part of my life every single day. How many people can boast of that? Coffee is awesome not just as a beverage but for your skin too. It makes an amazing face and body scrub. My mother has been making a coffee-coconut scrub for ages.
But I am a big fan of exfoliating so any gentle exfoliant gets a big thumbs-up for me. Natural and homemade scrubs are brilliant and inexpensive! Coffee works very well as it is gentle, rich in antioxidants and also has anti-cellulite properties. Caffeine is used in a lot of products (especially eye creams) for its anti-inflammatory properties.
Without further ado, here is the recipe for an amazing treat in the shower:
(If you can use organic ingredients, even better)
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee (I use used coffee from my coffee maker, or even fresh sometimes)
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
Mix all ingredients together and use in the shower (this scrub can get messy). Rinse off and marvel at your glowing soft skin! I love using this scrub for elbows, hands and legs. The best part is that you won’t even feel the need to use a lotion afterwards.
Extra benefit: you will smell like coffee!
You can keep this stored in an airtight jar in your bathroom or kitchen.
PS: DO NOT use if you have a lot of pimples. You will aggravate them more.
Until next time, stay sexy!
Week 2 saw a nice mix of formal and casual wear.
Day 1: I love clashing prints. (here is an example)
Top : Vero Moda | Pinstripe Trousers: Allen Solly | Mary Jane shoes: Catwalk
Day 2: Went to watch a live band perform. Sported the chevron trend.
Top : Gifted | Skirt : Globus | Shoes : Catwalk | Bag : Done by None
Day 3: Wore my favorite MJ tee to dance class!
Tee: Saturday night market Goa | Leggings : What’s Up! Bandra | Black shirt: Mufti | Shoes: Reebok
Day 4: Attended the Weirdass Pajama fest. Super fun it was!
Pants and blazer : Check n mate, Bandra | Top : Vero Moda | Shoes : Aldo
On day 5, I fell sick but I had good company to spend time with.
Tee: Saturday night market Goa | Leggings : Puma | Denim shirt : Mesh Bandra
Day 6 saw a bad hair day but a good outfit day! Love how pink and grey look together.
Pants : Marks and Spencer | Blazer and Top : Bought in Canada | Shoes : Westside | Bag : Done by None
Day 7: The end of the week saw one of my favorite outfits so far. Comfy yet pretty silk pants. Fun fact: These pants are part of a traditional Chinese outfit that my Chinese chaachi got for me!
Top : Gift from dad | Pants : Gift from chaachi
See you in the next post!
(Click here for week 1 update)